Skip to content

4 Professionals You Should Call After Being In A Car Accident

4 Professionals You Should Call After Being In A Car Accident

1. The Authorities

You are strongly encouraged to call 911 and inform the police about an accident, whether or not there were any injuries. If there have been injuries or a fire, then ambulance or fire services should be notified as well. It is an absolute must to call the police, even if the accident was a minor one since it will be helpful for your insurance claim since you will need to have your police report to file with your claim. Another thing that is recommended that you don’t move your car before the police have arrived.

2. Towing Company

If your car is a complete wreck, then it is advised that you wait until the police have given you the all-clear before you call a towing company to pick your car up and tow it away to a garage or another location. The police are going to want to inspect the vehicles at the scene of the accident to evaluate how the accident took place to make the best assessment possible.

3. Your Insurance Company

As soon as possible, you should contact your car insurance company to inform them of your accident to open your claim. A majority of insurance companies provide a toll-free 24-hour hotline. Some also allow you to file your insurance claim directly on their website so you can report your accident online. You also can ask your car insurance company representative where your car should be towed for repairs and then tell the towing company to transport your car to that location.

4. Your Attorney

Another professional you may want to call if you have been involved in a car accident is your lawyer. Contact her or him as soon as possible. Your attorney will provide you with guidance to ensure that none of the evidence is destroyed to ensure that your rights are protected.

Leahy’s Towing is the best place to contact¬†for your towing needs. Get in touch with any questions you may have.